Automatic camera and video source manager
Xdirector allows you to automate the use of cameras within radio and television studios, optimising the use of specialised technical personnel. Xdirector commands are defined by users and can be called up via GPI (general purpose input), multichannel audio detect or manually. It is possible to manage and configure multiple presets, each of which is composed of one or more virtual controllers. The controller in turn is associated with inputs which determine its activation. Once started, Xdirector can send previously saved commands or manage the cameras automatically based on the defined settings.
Xdirector shows in real time how the defined controllers alternate, showing for each the incoming audio level from the corresponding device (if in Audio mode) or the active GPI (if in GPIO mode), the waiting time for the controller activation and the list of commands associated with the controller.
Each controller can be associated with one or more HTTP commands to video mixers or ATEM switchers and scene switching to XautoTV. The user can manage after how long the controller
must be activated, the minimum time that must elapse between switching a controller and its release and the maximum time that a controller can keep after switching.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- USB interface: Velleman VM110N contact card for GPI reception
- Sound card: PCIe, with WDM driver and with a number of inputs equal to the number of signals to
A registered copy of the software can be used on one machine only. The license is not personal and therefore not linked to an individual user, but can be used by different users working on the same workstation. In case of a license purchased for a single station, Xdevel offers a second license free of charge to be used on another machine as a back up. For security reasons, Xdevel strongly recommends installing the second license on a back up workstation. If you want to use the software on more than one workstation, you must purchase additional licenses based on the number of machines on which you want to install and use the software.
The supply of products and services is always accompanied by a high level of technical support. Support services are included in all subscription plans and are provided through ticketing system, email, telephone or through remote desktop sessions.
- Simultaneous sending of multiple HTTP commands and scene switching on XautoTV when a controller is activated.
- Possibility of associating several commands to each single controller in order to activate a random one at each switching.
- Activation of controllers via GPI.
- Activation of controllers via audio peripheral and audio threshold in decibels to set the sensitivity of the audio detect.
- Management of separate activation times for each command.
- “MASTER” type controller which is activated when the input status does not refer to any other saved controller.
- “OFF” type controller that activates in the absence of input.
- Ability to create multiple controller presets and change the list of available controllers from the main interface.